There are broadly four types of Enzyme users:
- Token holders in a DAO
- Vault Managers
- Depositors into Vaults
DAOs are struggling to find the time or the tools to manage their treasury efficiently and transparently. With Enzyme's programmable risk management policies, they can delegate trading to a team member with very specific permissions to ensure efficiency whilst guaranteeing safety of the funds. Via this vault, that team member can access DeFi protocols to lend, borrow, provide liquidity, stake, programmatically or opportunistically. All activity is transparent and accounted-for in real-time.
Tokenholders often get little to no transparency on a DAOs treasury and how it is being managed. Enzyme provides them with a tool to propose and monitor the health of the DAO and it's treasury at all times. Furthermore, tokenholders can be assured that DAOs are managing treasury assets with efficient, programmable guards in place.
Enzyme allows anyone to build, scale and monetise investment strategies using the protocol's non-custodial Vaults. These strategies can span the spectrum from traditional discretionary allocators to DeFi-native combinations of any of the primitives with which Enzyme integrates. As a Vault creator, you can take advantage of the various building blocks offered by Enzyme without needing to have any software engineering background. You can benefit from the following tools;
- A large array of DeFi connections (eg. lending, borrowing, liquidity provision, derivatives, farming)
- A huge token asset universe (200+ tokens and growing rapidly)
- The options to charge fees to investors (eg. management fee, performance fee, entrance fee, etc)
- Rulesets dictating who can deposit to your strategy and on what terms (eg. minimum investment ticket, limited access to family and friends, etc)
- In-built accounting tools to report back to investors in real-time
- A suite of advanced risk management tools
Enzyme also enables depositors to connect to Smart Vaults too enabling them to be a part of your investment strategies whilst still keeping day-to-day control of their assets.
Importantly, a Vault Manager on Enzyme can be defined as either;
- an Ethereum wallet address (typically an individual)
- or an Ethereum multi-sig or a DAO (typically an organisation)
It’s hard to keep up with the fast-changing investment opportunities in DeFi. Enzyme enables you to search for and deposit into Vault strategies in a completely non-custodial and transparent way. This enables you to capture the upside potential whilst freeing you from the day to day hassles of research and portfolio management. Critically, you can do this in a way where you are in control of your funds and able to exit any time you want.